I'm mildly allergic to peanuts, and wanted my sons to grow up eating almond butter instead of peanut butter. Unfortunately, my boys didn’t like the taste or texture of the brands I bought. So we set out to create an almond butter that kids would love.
- Tim T. Carter, Lindsay CEO, 4th Generation
After lots of research and development, we finally got big, jelly-faced smiles from Tim’s sons and released our almond butter in 3 flavors: Classic Creamy, Classic Crunchy and Honey Cinnamon. Every day, people tell us how much they love the taste, how luxuriously smooth and spreadable it is, and how perfectly it fits into an almost endless variety of meals and snacks. We agree!
Driving Peanut Butter Nuts Since 2017
Amazing taste aside, Lindsay almond butter acts just like peanut butter, but with the all the goodness of almond butter. Even the PB&J-loving son of our CEO, Tim, is officially hooked. (Sorry, peanut butter.)
- No stir: super easy to spread!
- Delicious, nutty taste
- Packed with protein
- High in vitamin E, iron, calcium and fiber
- High in monounsaturated fat (the good fat)
- No hydrogenated oils, cane sugar or GMOs
- Made with 100% California almonds
Find Lindsay Almond Butter on Amazon.
Go Ahead, #SpreadOn
Oh what to spread it on?! Many of us here at Lindsay start with almond butter, then look for food to spread it on: toast, apple slices, celery, crackers… The possibilities are endless, but we were sure there were other simple ideas we hadn’t thought of. So we asked cookbook author and Lindsay flavor ambassador Kate McMillan to share her top 10 favorite “outside the jar” uses:
- There's nothing quite like an almond butter and banana panini on challah bread. We won't tell if a slathering of Nutella also makes its way into the mix.
- Add a dollop of almond butter and diced apples or pears to oatmeal or quinoa for a hearty breakfast.
Add almond butter to your smoothie for a powerhouse breakfast. Try spinach, almond butter, almond milk, blueberries, a banana and a few ice cubes.
- For a decadent and kid-friendly brunch item, try almond butter and raspberry jam stuffed French toast.
- Top dates with almond butter and a drizzle of honey for a sweet snack. Go ahead and add a few carob chips while you're at it!
- Spread almond butter on pancakes or waffles topped with blackberries, fresh mint and warm syrup.
- Stir almond butter into Greek yogurt and top with mixed berries and granola.
Drop tablespoons of almond butter into a pan of brownies or chocolate cupcakes before baking.
- Add depth of flavor to pureed roasted pumpkin or sweet potato soup by stirring a couple tablespoons of almond butter into the pot.
And finally, just grab a spoon and eat it right out of the jar!
I eat almond butter on something, in something, or by itself at least once a day.
- Eric E., Marin County, CA
Olives & Almonds: A Match Made in California
The very same land we've used to cultivate olives for the past 100 years is also used to grow almonds. In fact, the trees share similar dynamics, land and farmers for both crops. It was only a matter of time before almonds found their way into Lindsay's mix.
We like to say that almond butter is what peanut butter would be if it was born in California. We’re proud of what we created, and can’t wait to bring it to tables across America.
Ready to #SpreadOn?
Lindsay Almond Butter is available in fine retailers across the country, including: Nugget Markets, Safeway, Albertsons, Raley’s, Jewel, Shaw’s, Lowe’s, Hannaford, Independent Grocers and Amazon.