When the days are long and the sun seems unrelenting, there’s nothing we crave more than an ice cold sweet summer treat. So, we’ve come up with 3 totally delicious, absolutely no-bake, fabulously frozen summer snacks.
These treats are all super easy to make and customize to your or your kids’ tastes — but no matter which treat you pick, it’s sure to be a healthy summer heat hack.
Frozen Almond Butter Banana Pops
We don’t know what it is about freezing bananas covered with almond butter, but somewhere in that great deep freeze comes the ultimate summer delight. These frozen banana pops are as delicious as store-bought popsicles, but made with natural sugars and a creamy protein pop from the Lindsay Almond Butter. (Seriously, these are so good.)
Make a batch of these banana pops to pull out for impromptu pool parties or an after-dinner walk around the neighborhood with the family.
How to customize it:
- Use a chocolate drizzle or white chocolate drizzle.
- We love a colorful pop of sprinkles, but you can also use chopped nuts, dried fruit or your favorite breakfast cereal.
- Let your topping dreams run completely wild. Marshmallows? Sure! Pretzels? Oh yes! Bacon? Obviously!
- Try using Lindsay Honey Cinnamon Almond Butter for a sweet twist
Frozen Stuffed Dates with Almond Butter and Cacao Nibs
We break out these babies when we need a summer afternoon of serious decadence. Medjool dates are moist and meaty with a delicious caramel flavor. Pair that with rich, crunchy almond butter and you’ve got a faux-dessert using only natural sugars.
Make these stuffed dates for ladies’ night paired with a light, crisp sauvignon blanc — or keep a small stockpile in the freezer for whenever you need a mini indulgence.
How to customize it:
- We love a topping of cacao nibs and coconut, but you could also try sliced almonds with dried cherries or pistachios with white chocolate chips.
- Pick your favorite kind of Almond Butter! Crunchy? Creamy? Honey Cinnamon!? All are delicious. The choice is yours.
Tropical Mango Almond Butter Smoothie Pops
There’s no doubt that smoothies can be both delicious and healthy. A little fruit and some protein-packed almond butter make them the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack to satisfy your sweet tooth and still fill you up.
Instead of regular smoothies, we love making smoothie pops when we know we’re going to be on the go. It’s easy to make a batch and stick them in the freezer to grab on our way out the door to Pilates or soccer practice.
Three flavor variations (based on the recipe link below):
- The Original: Mango, cinnamon and almond butter makes for an unexpected and surprisingly delightful tropical flavor combo.
- Berry Blast: Swap the mango for ½ cup frozen strawberries and ½ cup frozen blueberries. Omit the cinnamon.
- Kids’ Favorite: Swap the mango for 1 cup frozen strawberries. Omit the cinnamon and add 1 Tbs cacao powder instead for a chocolatey touch.
We know it would be hard to pick just one frozen treat, so we would strongly recommend you try them all. It’s really the only fair thing to do. Summer — and your taste buds — deserve this.